Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The lamp post

I cannot promise you,
the life of kings and queens,
but i can promise you happiness,
I cannot promise you fame,
but we'll live out of love.

I will love your beauty,
that comes from your heart,
for Your face and body,
though i cherish a lot,
is temporary.
but the beauty of you heart,
lasts forever.

As we grow older,
my love to you
will be the same,
if not more.
Because even till then
my eyes see the beauty of your heart
that will not cease,
and that matters the most.

I cannot offer you
the face of a model,
the body of an athlete.
But my offer to you,
is the heart of an angel,
the mind of a saint,
The passion of the passionate.

I still can't promise you
the life of a superstar,
but everything we do,
we'll do out of love
An adventurous journey
of love shared between us,
And happiness
our sunset
our sunrise.


If you still want the lights and the red carpet and the voices cheering your name, I shall buy a rag, dye it in red, I shall buy a radio and i shall play the recorded voices of your name cheered
under the lamp post and we shall walk on the rag while we imagine happily that we're superstars.

2 comments:

  1. alahai manisnya.

    its good to know that theres still someone out there who believes in the power of love.

    nak cakap lagi sekali.
    alahai manisnya.

    ReplyDelete